Evening Race Series
The Evening Race series runs through every Tuesday night, (except Cowes Classic Week and Cowes Week ) from April to the end of August. 18 races are organised by 4 dedicated teams of race officers, each offering their own interesting courses, and using racing marks off Cowes.
Handicap Classes are scored using the RYA's performance based National Handicap for Cruisers (updating handicaps each week) whilst one design fleets are level rated throughout the series.
Eligible boats with IRC ratings also collect scores in tandem with the handicap classes. If you are looking to follow your IRC scores don't forget to revalidate your rating in good time. The races are started from the ISC's rooftop race box and fixed shoreline. Full details in the Notice of Race / Sailing Instructions published in the table above. The last race of the season is the famous "Bang and Go Back Race". A fun race (when boats are decorated in a theme of their choice and crews adorn their fancy dress) to which all entrants are welcome, and separate Sailing Instructions are written. The points for this race don't affect the main series results, but stand alone for fun prizes.
Waterproof copies of the SI's are printed and can be collected from the Island Sailing Club main lobby from the middle of March onwards.
The ISC Sonar fleet is shuffled each week to encourage variety of racing.
Click here for the online entry to the race series.
The following form part of this event:
- Evening Race Series 11 : 25 June, 18:40 - 21:30
- Evening Race Series 12 : 2 July, 18:40 - 21:30
- Evening Race Series 13 : 9 July, 18:40 - 21:30
- Evening Race Series 14 : 16 July, 18:40 - 21:30
- Evening Race Series 15 : 23 July, 18:40 - 21:30
- Evening Race Series 16 : 6 August, 18:40 - 21:30
- Evening Race Series 17 : 20 August, 18:40 - 21:30
- Evening Race Series 18 : 27 August, 18:40 - 21:30
- Evening Race Series 19 - Bang and Go Back Race : 3 September, 18:40 - 21:30
Last updated 8:39am on 26 April 2019